Trustees of Evesham Abbey Trust
The trust has seven trustees with a wide range of professional experience:
- Barrie Baldelli has significant experience in community development and journalism. An intrinsic part of his work in community development has been fund-raising, public fiscal support, and encouraging volunteer engagement. Appointed 24th October 2015. Barrie is the chair of the trust.
- Tony Haugh FCIOB MRICS (retd.) is a retired Chartered Quantity Surveyor. He has worked in both the UK and overseas for a number of major construction groups including Amec, Mowlem, Interserve (Director) and Hochtief. In his career he specialised primarily in commercial matters, programme management advisory role and disputes. Appointed 24th October 2015. Tony is the secretary of the trust.
- Michael Owen FRICS is a retired Chartered Building Surveyor. In his early career he worked for local authorities in Leicestershire, Suffolk and Worcestershire. He then moved into private industry (including working for British Aerospace) before setting up in private practice in 1980 in Stevenage; a job he kept until retirement. Michael has fulfilled Programme Manager roles on a range of contracts up to £10m in value. Appointed 24th October 2015. Michael is responsible for surveys and for contract management.
- Rodney Kalwaites is a semi-retired solicitor and a former partner in a local firm of solicitors specialising in commercial property work, wills and trusts. Rodney first came to Evesham in 1973 and has lived in the locality before finally moving into the town several years ago. Appointed 24th October 2015. Rodney is advising on legal matters.
- Steve Davies BA started as a design electronics engineer working in the field of industrial microwaves before becoming a teacher of physics. He was Head of Physics in Marlborough before becoming Head of Science, and finally Assistant Headteacher, in Redditch. He developed Holography for schools and has lectured around the country on the topic. He later worked as a schools inspector and adviser; becoming the Chair of the National Advisers and Inspectors Group for Science in 2006/7. He has worked with and advised the Education for Department and QCA on the science curriculum. He was a member of the Institute of Physics and a Chartered Physicist. He was appointed on 3rd October 2016. Steve is responsible for co-ordinating and liaising with local schools.
- Sue Ablett PhD served for twenty years as Executive Director of the Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group (a national organisation and registered charity). Sue was chair of the Fundraising Committee for Leicester Animal Aid (a dog and cat rescue centre) and chaired Evesham Cyclefest for its first two years. She was also chair of the Evesham Abbey Bell Tower Appeal; which involved organising fundraising events, PR & publicity, and links with volunteers. Sue is the secretary and treasurer of the Friends of Evesham Parish Church and Bell Tower, and also the driving force and chair of the Evesham Festival of Words. Sue was appointed on 12th June 2017.
- Elizabeth Spencer has spent over 42 years in education. Her teaching career started at Pebworth First School and then Cleeve Prior Church of England First School. In 2002 she became head teacher of Badsey First School. In 2010 she became head teacher of St Richard’s Church of England First School. She retired in 2016. Elizabeth was appointed on 31st October 2017.
Last updated 24 May 2018.